Saturday, May 1, 2010

Wow is a great Game

Everyone knows World of Warcraft is a great game I suppose. By now I am sure there are very few people that have not played at least the Trial version. What people need to consider though is just how many games there are within the very large expanse that is Wow.

Tonight instead of coding or marketing or anything to do with work. I played wow with my son who is 10 years old. It was a very relaxing and enjoyable time pounding through levels as it can only be done in the new wow. We work very well together and it reminded me just how much I love to play games with other people. You see I am not as much of a solo player as I used to be. It maybe that I have less time, so I want it to me more than me locked away by myself. It happens that SorceryGames games are made to be multiplayer. It is something I wholeheartedly believe in. I always wonder why it is so poorly supported by the bigger games. They just seem to expect you to go and buy a second console and second version of the game. Now does that seem fair ?

I will always try to remedy this situation, and I applaud any other Devs that do the same. Don't get me wrong, there are different challenges when combining multiplayer games into the mix. I think they are something that needs more attention, more time and concern. I have to add here that I also hate games that are only multiplayer. This seems like a bad coding example, and does not allow a player to improve their skills to be either a more competent partner, or better rival. Games need a single player, but can swell in greatness with the proper multiplayer aspects added.

Examples of such:-

A kingdom for Keflings. What a nice game that my children love. I bought this so my children could play it together. Instead one takes a back seat while one drives. This is nuts, and I wonder who could have made that decision. I know they say the sequel will address this, but I do wonder why it was not in the original.

Castle Crashers. Ok, i know this is popular. Ever wondered why? This game allows any players to join together. It covers the joining process with such ease. Enticing the player to play with friends. And if you don't have any, then it will help you find teammates to play with. That rocks and I believe along with the original graphic design, MADE this game what it is today.

My games cannot have that kind of time spent on them. My games are also a lot smaller in scope. But I will hold to these principals wherever I can. When I finally one day get the technology of remote multiplayer added to my Library, you shall see that in all my games as well.

Till then, party on with a friend and enjoy the Losses and Triumphs together.

G'night

No comments:

Post a Comment