Thursday, June 24, 2010

Scene scripting simplification

I am working in #PS3Home currently with my day job. I now have the task of unwinding a few systems that are in place in a personal space script. As scene scripts cannot talk to each other, then tasks must be handled by having minigames talking to each. Sending messages from one instance to another, like the owner sending onfo to his visitors etc.

The latest part i am doing is to remove a lot of scenery setup code from the Scene script and place it into a new minigame i have been writing. this will simplify the multi send nature of what is already working. Ok, so i am breaking it badly as i move it, but ya gotta break a few eggs to make an omelette. In this case it will allow me to simplify what is an over complicated system and also save memory in the process. I just hate seeing something that was working broken, especially when it is me that has broken it.

Still, i am making good progress so far, i sure hope it continues.

Laters

No comments:

Post a Comment