Friday, June 4, 2010

The Demo Stand Base

I have done some work on the base for the stand. It is essentially a box. Of course it has to be strong enough to hold the rest of the stand on top of it, also it will need to hold the weight of the xbox and monitor. so it should be strong. I of course used plywood in it's construction. It was tough to cut cos of my shoulder, but with my daughters help i got it done. Here it is so far.
The box.. Plain and simple. It will also be great for carrying my stuff to the demo spot as well :)

This is the top.. erm, bottom of the box. But the stand will rest on this bit. I made a boo boo in my design, and so did not add another 1/2 inch to the width. So i will fix this next time i work on it. The long sides need to be able to take more weight.

So here is a look at the inside. You can see the corner blocks that i screwed into. This is also very strong. You can see in the bottom the extra side pieces i have to put in (they are not done yet).

Next time you see this it will hopefully be painted black as well. I sure hope this turns out alright, otherwise i will have to pay someone to make me a demo stand. Or i can just forget about the idea. Which i don't want to.

G'night.

No comments:

Post a Comment