Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Raining in my game

While I am patiently awaiting Apple to test Heroic Patterns Lite. I am not standing still... Ok, I am sitting still instead haha. Working on Heroic Simon.

The artist came up with a great look using Hexagons all over the place and covering the background of the game. So from this we came up with an animation that looks like rain, only it is raining hexagons instead. Today I got that effect going and then added an effect trail and also colored the rain. Man, am I happy with the way it looks so far. I hope the artist will be happy as well. Now as it happens I tried to video this effect using Fraps. Somehow, or for some reason Fraps no longer captures the simulator properly, instead every other frame is bright yellow, most odd.

So unfortunately I do not have a video for ya to look over. though I did want to mention something about this 'rain'. It falls down the screen and can fall either left or right to the next adjacent and lower hexagon. So I did this randomly and at the moment I am wondering if I should some form of AI to keep these rain droplets straighter down the screen. It is quite possible for them to make the same choice 20 times in a row and I watch the droplet slide off to the side, though it doesn't look bad, I am not sure if this is what I want.

 
The above image shows my colored rain droplets heading down the screen. I hope people like them, I think they have a nice look to them.

Laters
Da Voodoochief

No comments:

Post a Comment