Monday, March 24, 2014

Heroic Simon Background Effects Video

This is a development video of the background effects I created for Heroic Simon. I love the way they turned out.



One of the interesting things that happened was when I created the rivulets from my finger touches. I decided that I would randomly choose a direction either matching the incoming direction or one of the two adjacent directions from this. I figured it would still have the rivulets going in sort of bendy lines away from me. However that was not the case as they tended to go around in circles and such. They were quite fascinating worms really, but not what I wanted. So then I changed the idea to use the direction the rivulet was needed to go and always randomize from that and not the incoming direction. This worked so well you can now see it in the video :)

Laters
Da Voodoochief

No comments:

Post a Comment