Thursday, May 10, 2012

Failed iOS submission once again

I am not sure what to do next. Maybe I should try and see what their App Review Board could do for me.It might be interesting to Blog what happens if I do follow that route.

After all I cannot do much more for my game, and this is what they replied with for my latest fail.
"Apps that present excessively objectionable or crude content will be rejected "

So i look into details and it says I need to be in compliance with their rules
"Specifically, we noticed your app contains sexual content.."

Well erm.. So i have women that are wearing bikinis etc. I am not sure why this would be so objectional to 17 year olds and up. As the game IS rated 17+.

I am sure by now you have all seen (those of you that are interested anyway) the kinds of images I have in the game, if not, just check out my web site at www.sorcerygames.com , I really think these are not what this rejection describes as
"We found that your app contains content that many audiences would find objectionable,"
Which audiences is my question, as i mentioned above it is only available to 17 and up. Maybe it is ladies who are the audience that would find it objectional. Hmm, maybe it Is too raw.

Still, this blog post is about frustration with the system more than me going on about what I think of My content in this game. It would have been real nice to see how this game performed versus the Android version. As it is, I am not sure I can be bothered to Bother with iOS for this game at this point. And i AM positive Apple do not give a flying fig about me and my games.

Here's hoping you all do better than me if your game is a bit riske.

Good luck out there
Da Voodoochief

2 comments:

  1. You said,"I am not sure why this would be so objectional to 17 year olds and up. As the game IS rated 17+.", Because if any child's looking forward to play this games means, they may see the adult content over there. Then what about them future? So kindly follow the IS rules to make your site better one..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    I believe I understand what you are saying here. But whos rules are correct? Is this not a subjective thing? To me and many others what I have in this game is very tame. 13+ most likely. Daily papers and magazines have exactly the same content, some could say worse due to size and detail etc.

    So in this case Apple is the gate keeper... however, Make my stuff better? hmm, I will have to disagree with you on that one. Apple is NOT my conscience or keeper of MY children. And with their loose standards I willstick with mine own.

    ie: see maxim and Sports illustrated Apps, ALREADY in the App store.I am only asking to be judged by their already published standards. Those will find me very tame indeed.

    Thanks for the comment,
    Da Voodoochief

    ReplyDelete