Monday, May 21, 2012

Audio Load Time sorted out

So funny that I have sorted out the load time for the Audio used in Five Golden Coins before sorting out the image loading time. If ya remember I posted a week or two about the issue i was facing... Depressing initial load times. I discovered the iPod3 had the worst loading time of all the devices I have at my disposal and so have targeted that as my main focus.

So the load time for just the initial Audio load was tremendous, being at approximately 18 seconds and more Audio to add. I wanted to try and get this down to 3 or so seconds. And that I have done, in Fact it is much quicker than that.

I have a multi-stage plan now in place.
1. Initially load only the Audio that can be heard at the start of the game. This is just a button click and the first pages audio. Takes approximatley 0.25 seconds to load.
2. Once the game is running just keep preloading any audio I might encounter before I get there. This makes it seem like the audio is always there, as it is loaded slighty before demand.
3. Once a SFX is loaded, mark a flag so I know it is now resident and don't bother loading again.

This is working so well that I am now done with Audio load times. Now All i have to do is something similar to the artwork.

Have a great day,
Da Voodoochief

No comments:

Post a Comment