Sunday, January 31, 2016

In the Mood to Debug

Oddly I have been in the mood this last week to fix bugs. Small things mostly that have been annoying me, and in fact some things I have never even seen to be wrong yet.

It is vitally important for me to take advantage of this mood. You see some programmers are primarily focused in their genetic make up to debug and fix bugs, some are more disposed to create new content. Then again some are more focused on all sorts of differing aspects of the codding jobs needed to create a finished game. For me I love to create gameplay, game balance and features that people can play and enjoy. That means that I am not disposed primarily to debugging the game.

Though of course I know that I need to fix bugs in the game to make it worth playing.

So now I am actually enjoying fixing my game. As each bug is fixed I like the more solid, reliable complete feeling game that I am creating. Leilani is helping by locating some of the bugs for me to fix as well. Which is a GOOD thing as it makes the game more hers as well. Also everyone needs help finding bugs. That is why we have testers at work, and believe me they are great at finding bugs in the stuff we work on there.

How long will this mood last me? Well that is a good question, but I do not know, but I am good right now... so onwards. Better, cleaner game... oh yeah.

Go make the most of your mood, creative, cleanup, whatever it is... use it!

G'night,
Da Voodoochief

No comments:

Post a Comment