Monday, July 29, 2013

Failed at marketing to my Family

I am currently visiting friends and family in England. While I am doing this I am getting to show these people the fairly large number of games and Apps I have made over the last 3 or 4 years.

The problem is, all these people are on Facebook and see my timeline. Also they see the comments I make weekly about my developments, as well as simply knowing about what I am doing from word of mouth. So how come they don't appear to notice what I have been doing, or even know any of my published games. Whether they be on XBLIG or Phones or Tablets.

If I cannot get the message out that I have created a new game and it costs a dollar etc to the.. Then how can I feel any sort of confidence that I have random people I don't know covered. The fact is I cannot. Instead I feel annoyed and let down that I have not gotten even my family to not only be aware of my games, but also to download them and try them out.

I am really frustrated by this turn of events. I will now have to consider what I am going to do to tackle this problem in the future. Cos if I cannot get promotion and first buys from family and close friends.. I am probably doomed already.

Laters
Da Voodoochief

No comments:

Post a Comment