Sunday, February 10, 2013

Time to write the Shop

One of the key features of the game is the ability to expand your gameplay experience from within. This is going to be done in two different ways in Hoop Fighter the game.

One of them is a shop, a place that sells many wondrous tings to enhance and expand your gameplay experience. I am about to write the shop menu as I type this up. I already have the whole design, though I am sure I will tweak and enhance it as I code and test the menu itself.

I am starting off with the code base I have created for the Level Selection Menu, and I will use that as a good solid base that does most of what I need. Then I shall build all the extra stuff on top. Things like the selected Item needs to display a description of what it does to the game, alongside the cost of this item.

I think shops and the things they sell can make a big difference to a game, though not for everyone. Still I shall try and come up with a broad range of enhancements to suit as many tastes as I can.

Laters
Da Voodoochief

No comments:

Post a Comment