Thursday, October 17, 2013

Heroic Buttons Google search results

One of the most important things about choosing a name for your game is to make it unique enough to be found easily with a Google search. I have made the mistake in the past and named my games too generic and they are simply lost in all the noise when being searched for.

This time I may have gotten it right!

I posted the name of my new game on this Blog, I also pinged the Blog post out to a few blog update sites (I do this occasionally). I hoped to quickly spread the name 'Heroic Buttons' to the internet and of course the search engines.

Then about 4 hours later I searched for the name, and no, I did not put it in quotes to start with. I am excited to say that this blog post came in 5th on the list, which is pretty awesome when only aiming for the first page, and only a Blog post, not even a full reveal or added as a new game on my main Web Site. This is great news for me as I feel I got something correct. Hopefully this means when people are interested enough, they will easily be able to find me.

Laters all,
Da Voodoochief

No comments:

Post a Comment