Sunday, June 16, 2013

Testing or Playing?

It seems I have a confession to make.

I have been playing Space Invaliens for several days now and supposed to be balancing the difficulty of the first 10 levels. As it happens they are balanced.. only they get a bit difficult a bit too fast.

I need to take down the difficulty ramp a LOT, and to do that I have several variables that is pretty easy to adjust once I know what I want to achieve for each level. So playtesting is necessary for each level to be brought to the correct setting.

However I am doing a bad job, and so incidentally is my daughter who is also trying each level and finding that the challenge of difficult levels is quite thrilling and also rather exciting. I really need to test these levels a lot more than playtesting them. Then maybe I can finally finish up these first 10 levels and move onto creating some new aliens I have to get on creating.

BAH!

I suppose at the least seems like fun haha!

Laters
Da Voodoochief

No comments:

Post a Comment