Sunday, September 6, 2015

Unity - Image on canvas not showing up

I have been suffering from a problem where I have set up the canvas to have some buttons on it. that is all well and good and they work fine. Then I decided I needed to ad button help for a joystick control. Well this is where things have gone a bit awry.
 
In this following Image you can see I have pointed to the artwork existing within the Unity Editor, the 'A' and 'B' buttons for example.
Although that artwork exists in the above image, it doesn't show up in the game camera when it should. as you can see in the image below.




Now where the heck have those images gone? I have not altered them in any way with code (like shrink them etc). However if I pause the game and go to the Scene view and look up the canvas... oddly I can see them. So why not in the game screen/camera. Our thought in Unity club was that they were somehow excluded from the camera. But we can not find out how. If you notice in the top image the much Larger buttons have the exact same button help images, and yet they actually work fine.

So what to do about it? I dunno, these problems really distract me, but I'll try hard to move along without this fix I, after all I need to finish up the inventory sell system.

Laters
Da Voodoochief

No comments:

Post a Comment