Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Heroic Buttons Post Release Thoughts

My first thought is that the game did not do as well as I had hoped. I really think my facebook friends helped me out a bunch and downloaded the game. Which I think is fantastic. However anyone can easily see from the number downloaded that apart from my direct connections I never managed to get many people to download the game.

That is a disappointment. It means several things.
1. Not enough awareness/advertising.
2. No anticipation of release.
3. Marketing copy/Game description is not working.

Now I think that number 1 and 2 are fairly obvious, and simply need more time and effort by me to make them better. But lets look at number 3 in a bit more detail. This is a very important one, as it will impact both of the other two reasons.

My copy was a straight forward push to attract attention in a non sensational way. OK, so I tried for sensational and came up way short of that. I really think the copy should be challenging and confrontational.. Only I was not able to write that and get those ideas to come across. I tried a few times and it was always wishy washy. Now if only me mate Paul had written it, I would bet it would be sensational and confrontational etc.. When I release the next update I will try hard to get a better copy and I will look forward to seeing how that will effect my downloads. I still believe that a lot of people will have seen my game and simply passed it up as it didn't come across as interesting enough to download.

Ok, that's it for tonight. I need to finish up some more work on my Heroic Simon design.
Da Voodoochief

No comments:

Post a Comment