Friday, April 5, 2013

Not installing on iPad part 3

Here I am again, still failing at being able to put apps onto my iPad. The latest trail I have followed and my conclusions below...

I use a subversion (SVN) system to not just save all my work, but to allow other team members to work with me. I pay for the service and it has always proven reliable. I have never had a reason to do anything but place my latest changes into its repository. Thst is until tonight.

Thanks to a very nice person on twitter  from @testflightapp they were able to point me to the instructions on installing older (not latest) version of my uploads onto my iPad. It was in the end very simple, but I never found the answer myself. I love my peers and those excellent people at testFlight.

Here are my steps tonight:
1. I downloaded older version of my game from testFlight and zoned in on which one went wrong. Even though I really knew which one first failed me, I was hoping for more information. I did get the date and time of the last uploaded and tested working build.

2. I used the date and time to go into my repository to grab a version from before that mark. I then built it expecting it to be the same as the one that last worked. To no avail though, it still would not install.

3. I went back a week and tried again. Once more this new build did not install.

4. I went to an example video test App i used several weeks ago and left it in a working state. However as with my game, it simply will not install.

Conclusion:
Something has changed that is not directly placed inside my game that is causing me to fail the install.

Plan of Attack:
I have no idea why making ipa files now fails on install. I will do a beyond compare with everything I can, only not sure what to look for.
Going to post on Marmalade help forums and hope someone else has a clue, though I cannot supply them with a lot of relevant info it seems.

Da Voodoochief

No comments:

Post a Comment