Thursday, February 4, 2016

Side Project - Rope Swing

One of my mates has been working on an AWESOME logo for Very Bunny Haha (to be revealed soon).

As a way to pay him I am working on some code for him. This is my side project now and to be honest I am rather enjoying it. I am having to learn a bunch of new stuff as I have yet to do any 3D work in Unity. Of course all my 2D experience will stand me in good stead as the same principles apply only in an extra dimension. Yeah I have a lot of previous 3D programming experience doing other games).

So that image shows what I have knocked up so far. The Rope that I have attached to the Anchor sphere does an animated swing. Of course this would all be very different if the 3D hinge joint physics worked in Unity, bah!

Ok, onto this project again. I have two pink platforms that the dude is standing on, the idea is that I am going to attach myself to the swinging Rope and swing with it... then jump off when I desire and impart some velocity from the swing to my Dude.

This is going to be fun :)

G'night
Da Voodoochief

No comments:

Post a Comment