Monday, September 9, 2013

Brain dead, but I can do useful stuff

My day job is removing all my ability to code each day. I am working very hard on some tough coding puzzles both with the theory and the implementation. I am debugging many many thousands of lines of code to try and work a new system inside the old one, to eventually replace the old and not as efficient one. This means I am debugging code and theorizing what is going wrong for 9 or 10 hours a day. I have found that this saps all my programming strength and drive. Which is a pity as I really want to finish my IAP code for the iOS side and move back into the game coding side of Space Invaliens.

Still as the title points out, I am not idling sitting by. I am in fact relaxing as best I can my spent brain. I am reading quite a bit, but more importantly for Space Invaliens and my future products, I am investigating and analyzing the competition.

OK, so competition isn't quite the right word, and neither is investigating if truth be told. What I am doing is playing games, lots of them. I have picked up a new Xbox 360 compilation of the old Midway arcade games, and I am very excited to say that Sinistar is one of them, which is one of the inspirations for aspects of Space Invaliens. Now I cannot say I am playing them well, but who cares, so long as I am having fun. I even got to spend some quality time playing Gauntlet while laughing and playing with my son. We both suck bad, and the lack of good diagonals on the controls or the Xbox360 dpad makes it quite excruciating at times.

Playing things games really inspires me and reminds me where I come from. The only down side is that it makes me want to design some new flavor of game, and I simply don't have the time, lol.

Take it easy out there,
Da Voodoochief

ps. Here is a Picture of me at work with my new T-Shirt I love!   I am a Coder+Dr Who fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment