Friday, December 28, 2012

Super Duper Sprite Atlas

This is my current Sprite Atlas,

As you can see it is getting a lot more full, and a lot more complicated. Those frames of Kal are 256x256 original sized sprites, yet when trimmed they pack into this texture really well. In fact I would only be able to get 8 x 8 = 64 frames of Kal onto a 2048x2048 texture like this one if not trimmed. Yet trimmed I have 45 and a bunch of other stuff, and STILL nearly half the texture free for more frames.

I have also altered my sprite effects routines and they now work with the atlas as well. In fact the changes have made the effects drawing more efficient and less complicated. Which I am very happy about.

If you see the Hoops Fighter Logo in Red, that is because I am now developing on my laptop.. yes, even posting this via the laptop. So the license is not setup on this machine. Soon, but fortunately Andreas at www.codeandweb.com is very generous and allows anyone to play with the texture packer for as long as I want in this mode (random red sprites).

Loving the texture more and more,

Laters, Gotta get back to implementing some bad guys.

Da Voodoochief

No comments:

Post a Comment