Thursday, April 3, 2014

Google Play Leaderboards Display

You know I have just completed creating my 3rd distilled gameplay game, Heroic Simon. These have all been created for the iOS devices. The reason for this is that I didn't want to have to create my own leaderboard display routines and graphics. Whereas the iOS stuff comes with Gamecenter graphics and displaying built in.

I WAS WRONG....

It appears that I am wrong about the Android Play SDK. Check out this little gem I found while re-researching this issue.
'In the mobile client libraries, the libraries take care of all the formatting and displaying of leaderboards. You can specify whether a player can see a specific leaderboard, or see a list of all of your leaderboards that they can choose from.'

Woah! Did I just find that they have a default way of displaying the leaderboards for Android. I think it looks like it.

I believe I will be doing some more Android development pretty soon. Though I was waiting to see if one of my distilled games worked out first, just to give me real incentive to get it converted.

Hmm, write the next game or work on converting to Android... Tough decision I reckon.

Laters
Da Voodoochief

No comments:

Post a Comment