Monday, February 18, 2013

Video part 2

I spent some time yesterday working on the video replaying aspects of a test app that I have. This time I was working on a version for the iPad. Hoping to have better results than I have on the PC.

Picture this:
So there we are a Ford F350 with its bed fully loaded a packed with 4 off road bikes. also the helmets and gear and boots are packed into the bed as well and all tied down or bungeed down. We bought plenty of Gas and it was off to new adventures in a place they call Cal City, about 130 miles away from where I live.


Once we got Gas and Diesel I let my lovely wife take over the driving and I sat in the passenger seat. Once we were on the freeway I got out my trusty new laptop (can I say trusty and new about the same thing?), and turned up the brightness and it was time to work on the iPad video playing app. Well I have a few things to mention about using a laptop while in a vehicle travelling along a freeway. Number 1 is that it is a lot more bumpy than you would realise, and that is a bit of a pain, but not too bad. Secondly the sun is a major factor depending on exactly what direction you are travelling in as well as what time of day it is. I am sure this would be much easier at night.

So there ya go.. I was being driven to the middle of the desert while I programmed. As the programming was going well I was soon attaching my iPad to the laptop and installing the test app. As it happens it all went swimmingly and it looks ok.

Twas cool:
Next up is for me to create my own video and play it on the iPad. Once that works I can see just how big this intro movie is going to be. My best guess is that it will be several times larger than the actual game itself !

Laters
Da Voodoochief

No comments:

Post a Comment