Thursday, January 3, 2013

XBLIG Sales Figure for 2012

I received an email this morning reminding me that I should go grab all my sales figures before they are deleted. I am not sure which numbers will be deleted and I have no idea why Microsoft deem it necessary to remove any sales history. It's not like it is taking up much space after all on their massive hard drives.

Anyway, here are my 4 published games and what they did in 2012,

A Shooter
Trials: 574
Purchases: 103
Conversion rate: 17.94%

A Dreamland Chronicles Game
Trials: 825
Purchases: 79
Conversion rate: 9.58%

Pellmell
Trials: 95
Purchases: 10
Conversion rate: 10.53.%

Aceball
Trials: 303
Purchases: 47
Conversion rate: 15.51%

All these games ended up at the rock bottom pricing of 1 dollar, and yes they have all been on the service for some time. Aceball for example was one of the first Indie games on the service several years ago.

As you can tell I have barely made enough to cover the 99 dollar membership fee to keep these games on the service.. especially after I take off the percentages I owe my co-developers (artists etc).

I still believe it is worth keeping these games up there, as I am extremely proud of the fact a coupla hundred more people are now playing my games. These games are also IPs that I own and could maybe rework them for machines I am now coding for (handheld devices).

Have a great 2013 everyone,
Da Voodoochief

No comments:

Post a Comment