Thursday, July 5, 2012

As an Indie Dev, never on vacation

I am sure this also goes for other entrepreneurs and self employed people, but I reckon there is no dedicated Indie game developer that ever shuts off.

For example...

I just spent the last 4 days at big Bear in my trailer camping with my family. It was great, the weather was nice in the 70's and we were close to the lake. I managed to Read several books (which always give me inspiration) and more interestingly I managed to layout designs for 2 more games. Which I hope to discuss with me mate Scott. When I am away from my machinery I am always thinking about what I might want to create next. I never shut off, and when i am away in the open etc, i find my mind is all aflutter with ideas and inspiration.

Scott has an investor who wants us to create some games, so we will try and create some fun games that are free, but have enhanced or alternative content for in game purchase. It is a fun thing to do as we both have set out to create 10 game designs each, then we will battle over (discuss) which are our best starting options. Eventually getting this list down to the starting one. that might be difficult, but it might be our most important decision.

I'll post more information and an update once i have chatted with Scott.

laters
Da Voodoochief

No comments:

Post a Comment