Tuesday, April 24, 2012

We all need buttons

I was working on some temorary artwork for my current development. THe Gamme/App version of my Childfrens book. When I realised I was crap at doing this sort of artwork. Ok, so it wasn't much of a revelation really, I already knew it. This time I figured I would browse the web and see if I could find some free buttons I liked, seemed like a simple plan, but it turned out to be so much more...

I did find some free button background artwork , and you can see that in the picture below. The blue buttons at the top of the screen are the ones I found for free, I have of course also altered them already and made them work for my purposes (like adding the mute etc).

The BIG find however was the CoolText online editor.
I used the CoolText editor to create myself the big grey buttons further down that image above. The online and interactive editor allows you to put different shadow types around the buttons and the text, choose all different fonts and colors etc. It also allows you to choose what shape button you want. This is all very wysiwyg and it works smoothly and fast.

I was rather pleased with this and am now using it for my buttons (yeah, till an artist gets a hold of it). Still it looks pretty neat, and when pressed I turn the color of the buttons to a mid grey and move them down about 4 pixels. A nice and easy effect.

The CoolText editor will also allow you to create cool lloking Logos as well, though I never played with this feature much, the example ones were pretty neat.

Have a great day
Da Voodoochief

No comments:

Post a Comment