Monday, April 16, 2012

Hot chicks tcg has failed iOS submission

Last week while i was away in Canada doing some business stuff for my day job. I received an email from Apple stating that my submission of Hot Chicks the Card Game had failed to pass Review.

Here are some Details:

  1. Took 8 days from my submission to receive the failed review email.
  2. I logged into iTunesConnect.apple.com  and selected my game. Where it informed me 'The most recent version of your app has been rejected. Before resubmitting it, visit the Resolution Center for details on outstanding issues.'.
  3. The big button top right took me to the resolution center.
  4. The resolution center told me 'We found that your app contains content that many audiences would find objectionable,'... ouch!
  5. 'Specifically, we noticed your app contains scantily clad women.' .. ok, not so bad after all eh!
  6. So I was a bit confused at first till i read down further and 'A 17+ rating is required for apps which include content such as intense offensive language; frequent '.
Ok, it was now clear the 12+ rating i had sent the game into Apple with was not the correct one. Simply because of the word 'Frequent' for my scanilty clad women content.

It was very easy to reset the age rating, as it is a simple button click affair (i have no idea why i never clicked this radio button last time, bah!). So is that it? Just a simple age rating change?

Well no, of course not. Ya have to upload a NEW binary to submit an updated version to submit. This is a little annoying, but whatever. Now i have asked my friedn to re-upload the binary he used the first time. However I am worried it won't go up. I am also worried that even if it does they will want a Version number change.ie: go from v1.0 to v1.1 etc... time will tell. I am still waiting on contact from my Mac owning friend.

.. Oh one last thing. There is a contact page in the resolution center with all the details in it. It also has a box for you to reply it seems. So of course I had to try that out :)  Next day I got a nice reply to my inquiry. This is a cool way to ask for more details and such about the rejection, I FULLY applaud this kind of thing, as I was a bit more frustrated many moons ago with the anonymous way I got a rejection from WP7 dev (though that may have changed now)....

I'll write up more in this post I think when I know about those last few details.

Have fun out there,
Da Voodoochief

No comments:

Post a Comment