Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Making a milestone is great

On monday we made our milestone at work. We not only delivered what we are contracted too, but we also delivered quite a bit more. It doesn't really matter in some respects what is on that contract for your milestone. It is whether or not you will meet your real contracted end date. If you are skilled or lucky enough to write the milestones corrctly, then you should have a smooth transition through each milestone and onto the glorious end of the dev process.

I do not believe that this is the normal though. I have a lot of experience in creating and working with big games. It amazes me just how many are very badly mielstoned, or not mielstoned at all when they are internal for some big studios. If you really want to make money making games, it is best to have a plan, a plan that can cost out the money and time it will take to make the game. Once you have the time layed out, you can setup several partitions and name them and fill in what should be working by then.

I personally love milestones, they prove to me each month that i am on track, that makes me feel good. They can also remind you about stuff that ya might have forgotten as well.

Onto my next  milestone I go, over delivery is our goal!

Laters

No comments:

Post a Comment