Friday, February 19, 2016

Hashtags in my Blog Posts Title Report #gamedev #blogging


Here is a summary of what has happened in the last couple of weeks. You can see that Mondays when people go back to work my Blog appears to get more popular hehe. Like most web pages I presume.

This is effectively 3 weeks and as you can obviously see the LAST week has a higher average on every day compared to the previous two.

The IMPORTANT thing is that the last week of that graph was when I was adding a Hashtag to each of my post titles. I alternated with #gamedev and #indiedev. I don't really know any others, well perhaps #gamedesign might be one I should use as well.

Still one cannot get over the stark reality that it made a difference. I will also add that for the first #gamedev, my first hashtag used got me a startling response. My most visited day in the last year and I got 127 visitors.... YAY!

I think it is a HUGE success and I intend to use them from now onwards. Though there has not been a significant jump since this first week .. in fact my visitor numbers have remained about the same. Which was a bit of a surprise, as I expected it to continually grow for a while, in fits and starts perhaps depending on my posts. hmm.

In Summation:-
Using Hashtags in my Blog post titles got me more visitors the first week.
Following week did not increase the new viewership number.

I hope you bloggers find this information useful and if anything changes, I will do another post.

G'night
Da Voodoochief

No comments:

Post a Comment