Monday, November 16, 2015

Point and Click Move

So when I put the game onto my Kindle I found it as usual quite liberating and so incredibly exciting.

Now I was not able to play the game like that, as I did not have touch screen kind of input for the game. Well although I have been busy doing several other things in the game, I couldn't help but knock out a simple mouse click move (took me about 8 lines of extra code). This took me about 20 minutes to get working, and tonight I followed it up with about 15 minutes more to do a modification to allow the point click move to go in a straight line to the destination, as the first implementation moved the joystick as far as the game was concerned.

This new implementation is nice and caused me to once again put the game onto my kindle. The game is so cool on there, all vibrant and filling my mind with possibilities. Still I also realized when looking at it with my daughter that I do not have a 'Use' method... and in the 2D scenes I need a jump, I wonder what I shall do. With a two button mouse it is easy enough, but for the tablet I will have to come up with something. I may have to look at some other games, not that I know of anything exactly like this... hmmm. Any suggestions hehe?

Well no picture in this post as it wouldn't show the click input I am talking about. Perhaps video later this week :)

G'night
Da Voodoochief

No comments:

Post a Comment