Monday, November 30, 2015

New Options Menu


I am still busy working through various aspects of the saving of the game. While I am doing that I am also adding SFX and music into the minigames. This activity brought up the fact I did not have an Options menu and I need one, at least to control the Music and SFX volumes. For me you see I like quiet music for the most part and louder SFX.. I know some prefer it elsewise.

So I knocked out a quick overlay Options Menu. It amazes me how fast I can make this thing in Unity3D now, compared with 6 months ago. Heck, 6 months ago I was trying to convert Aceball from the Xbox360 Indiegames to Unity and Failed at the main menu. Well fail is a strong word, but it took me hours to get that menu created, and I found it so discouraging that I gave up on that conversion as I realized I did not know enough about working within Unity.

Nowadays I can create and lay out this thing so fast. Then I can hook that into code in a matters of minutes as well. Interestingly this is the first time I have used the Toggle and Slider UI elements. This makes me feel confident and I am so pleased I can save such a large amount of time to do other things in the game.

Tonight I got to have a good meeting at Panera with my daughter to discuss the game and what we need for a release. We have the first part called Chapter #1 (as opposed to Episode #1). We even know when the Chapter will complete.. but I won't reveal that at this time... more to come eh.. spoilers!

Now I have the game saving recording the plants growing it makes my saves a lot more valuable. Now I can actually grow stuff in the game. YAY!

G'night
Da Voodoochief

No comments:

Post a Comment