Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Watergun Minigame pt #4 - the Video

Finally I was able to create a video of the game with a decent resolution. The resolution is a wee bit stretched in the horizontal... Something I will have to work out,

It happens because I have set Unity3D to run my game full screen when built, but also my game is designed for a 4:3 aspect ratio. I really needed borders to make it look right. Now I am not certain quite what to do about the issue. It is possible for me to code into the game the ability to dynamically set my screen widths... but perhaps there is an easier way, something to ponder on that is for sure.

I got the video created of me playing the Watergun Minigame, the first minigame written for Very Bunny Haha. I have already seamlessly added the game to the main game and so can enter it from a doorway, and when done you fade back to the main game. I am very pleased with the ways it is working.

 The game is missing a few things.
* I need to add sound FX, and perhaps some nice shanty that lasts for 30 seconds
* I need to tweak the gameplay a bit to get a proper balance to the shoot like mad, and skill shots

After that I need to write a second one as this was so much fun to make. I already have a design as well.

Talking to a friend yesterday lunch time he mentioned programming while on Twitch. This sounds very exciting to me and something I think I could enjoy doing. Only I currently program whilst sitting on my easy chair and watching the telly with me missus. I don't think that is the best way to do a programming stint on twitch, and anyway, I would want to talk about what and why I am doing stuff. Perhaps in the future.

Hope ya like the improved video.. still a bit to go, but getting there.

Laters
Da Voodoochief

No comments:

Post a Comment