Friday, October 9, 2015

Marketing materials always required

I have to admit that I am not the biggest fan of creating the Marketing materials for my games. (I would rather be writing more of the games!)

I know a few people who are far more skillful and adept at that sort of job than myself. Yet I also know that I can be competent enough to get something done, something created... and that something is usually better than nothing.

So Here I am working on this excellent game and I realized when I created the Web page that I have not got anything written down to describe the game. Geez, and the Web page could do with it as well.

So today I decided to write some stuff... but I didn't quite know where to start.

Then I had an inspiration (one I have had before for other games). I went looking for reviews of some of the games that Very Bunny Haha resembles or is based around. Games like Harvest Moon or Animal Crossing are about as close as you could get at this point. I did manage to find several reviews for these old games and I read them all several times till I got the gist, essence and mainly how they were saying things about the games.

Then I started to write... ok, it wasn't fast , but it was steady with some inspired parts.
  • I know I need several bullet points for the game (as many as I can come up with in several flavors if possible).
  • I also need a good paragraph to describe the start of the game.
  • Lastly I need several small paragraphs describing what you can encounter or do within the game.
I now have several of these and I will try to embellish them a bit more before I publish them to the games Web site. Which should be this weekend, along with another video of course.

I really want to do 1 video a week. Then with all that practice, by the time the game is ready for the public I should be able to create a masterful video :)

Ok, started to waffle now, it must be bed time,

Good night,
Da Voodoochief

No comments:

Post a Comment