Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Buttons where Mouse Clicking now fails

I am so frustrated. I hate spending so much time on something so rudimentary, so base, Gah!

So I have several buttons that form my Main Menu for my game. When I first put them onto the Canvas they would interact very nicely with the Mouse Cursor. They would show their highlight color when the mouse pointer was over them, and along with that they would work when you clicked them with the Mouse Button.

I have attached an OnClick() call to a function for each of the buttons, and as I said that was working great.

Not any more. I have no idea what broke it, or how it could have broken. Well perhaps it was me continuing to develop the screen. In fact I simply altered the Input Vertical to work of the Up and Down arrows.... and erm. I think that is it for the Buttons.

I have spent literally hours on this over the last few days, and look at this explorer bar where I have been searching and reading everyone else's similar (but not quite the same) problems.


As you can see I have been busy. But I have still out found out what has broken the automatic experience between  Mouse and Button. What is also odd is that when I go into my next scene, the Buttons in that scene work correctly. This has led me to try all sorts of copying and pasting to no avail.

For now, I think I will have to leave it for a bit and move to something more productive for a week or more.

Grrrr, Hope your Unity is going better than mine atm,

Laters
Da Voodoochief

No comments:

Post a Comment