Monday, January 2, 2012

Hotchicks, sales numbers

It is now the 1st of the new year. A year in which i hope to have a much better commercial success than i did with my own games in 2011 (and in fact 2010). Below there is the graph taken from Pubcenter for my game Hot Chicks, which features the really easy and cool in game ads from Microsoft.

So lets start with some some numbers

Currently:-
 Sales to date = 5345 (ok, so it's actually downloads!)
 Earnings to date = $156.64
 Avg Daily downloads for the last month = 30
 Impressions to date = 125,105
 Amount of time game played = 1042.5 hours = 43.4 days

Now onto a nice graph or two

Our first one is my downloads report from the last month....
As you can my daily downloads are pretty cool and are much higher than the otehr titles i have out on the WP7 platform. I believe this is due to the keywords and the obvious content in this particular game. I was going to do a whole comparison thing with my other very similar game to compare downloads and earnings etc, only that would be a long post and i don't wanna do that tonight. So hopefully in this next week or so i will get that done.

This one is my revenue...
As you can see once again the whole revenue stream settled down fairly quickly and has held pretty steady since then. I really believe this shows great potential :)

This next one is my impressions, without these there would be no revenue...

The impressions were really great once. The game does appear to show some good longevity and this makes me believe that people keep playing the game long after the title has worn thin. That kind of thinking is not only good for my ego, but makes me believe that the game i wrote is indeed keeping people entertained, which i believe to be very worthwhile.

Next up is the eCPM which is an incredibly important number...
This number is so incredibly important, as even a few downloads with a really high ecpm can make ya money. If that number is conversly low, then you will make almost nothing from a lot of adverts seved. This is adequatly shown by the spike several weeks in when the ecpm went sky high whilst the impressions stayed at there usual rate. That made my revenue for those few days go ballistic. This was around and including July the 4th. Not sure why people were playing my game then though. Still, it does show the heights that can be reached.

I regard this version of my game to be successful, even though it has not yet earned enough to pay for the cost of the pictures of the ladies. Still i think it will in time, i just hope it's sooner rather than later.

One more though i have on this is that with the downlaods remaining fairly steady, i really feel that the WP7 platform is going to be viable one day. I see it as a growing platform, just maybe not quite as fast as developers like me would like.

I hope you have found this information interesting and informative. I would love to hear from any other devs who have results that match mine, or maybe make mine look pedestrian. Looking forward to your responses.

G'night, and Happy new Year.

Da Voodoochief

No comments:

Post a Comment