Tuesday, May 14, 2013

SI_ONE in action


Space Invaliens SI_ONE in Action from Robert Toone on Vimeo.

In the video above you can see my SI_One alien. That is his working name and it is simple Space Invaliens first enemy. This is also one of my main Homage styled aliens. He speaks the Dum, Dum movement sounds, and at his demise you can hear him yell. I don't at this time have video of his other sayings.

There is a lot going on in this short video, and I do apologize for the way the video is formatted, Thanks to the new and way more useless windows movie maker, it reformatted it (I need to chop off the start and end bits). I guess I will have to get some video editing software on this laptop now, gah!

SI_One, moves like a space invader for the most part, though he never 'lands'. He sounds similar to space invaders, and I am very happy with the test results on the dum, dum audio. Interestingly it has 4 levels in the arcade game, and here I was only thinking 2. Then it drops bombs all over the place. By itself SI_One is not particularly dangerous, but mix him with another alien, or add another of his kind to the screen and the levels get a Lot more exciting. By creating my aliens in this way I am able to mix and match alien play styles to come up with compelling and difficulty blended levels.

You may also notice me disregarding the yellow gems that are the money for the game, and the parachuted salvage that you really want to collect if playing properly.

Tomorrow I will show another aliens, one I call SI_Diamond.

Laters
Da Voodoochief

No comments:

Post a Comment