Wednesday, June 20, 2012

5 Golden Coins failed Amazon submission

It failed and within 24 hours of being submitted. I wonder if Amazon are pushing testing for Apps through quicker now, or maybe there is not such a large backlog nowadays.

Anyway... My App failed because of the credits screen. Yes, it's true. In fact it failed the credits screen because I use links to partner or credited web sites. In this particular case the 'Adventure Books for Children' web site was the cause of the issue. When they clicked this live link it sent them not to www.b4ir.com (like the link is inside the app, but to m.b4ir.com instead.

As it happens that web site redirection was setup already to have it's OWN web pages (I did not know this). So it ended up on a web page saying that the address could not be found. GARH!

After about an hour with Tech support on my web site we found the issue and removed the redirection. So now it goes right through to  www.b4ir.com instead, like I always wanted it to. In fact in my testing this is what it did for it's behaviour, so I am unsure what changed recently.

Still, a very aggravating set of circumstances, and now I have emails Amazon to ask that they continue with my Apps submission process as this was not anything wrong with the App, but an external web page redirection issue. Time will tell what Amazon will do, but I hope I don't have to needlessly re-upload the Apps apk file.

Laters all
Da Voodoochief

No comments:

Post a Comment