Monday, August 15, 2011

I Feel Hurt Today

I thought i would check out my game Cards on Fire on Zune and see if there had been any reviews added.

Indeed there are several new Reviews by people. But i could already see the game only has 2.5 stars to it's credit. so i expected this to not be great. However what i see when i read them hurts a bit. Even after having published more than 50 games in my career it is amazing how much some stuff like bad press on a game can hurt. So i'll just go right ahead and list them..

1 star - Tried and hated immediately but its free
I am not sure what about this game could induce Hate. I mean, it's a card game on a phone, not some racially charged political speech. So I wonder was was so hateful about this little unpretentious game.

1 star - Have installed or should i say tried to install 4 times ... will not open
I do not believe i have any control over this. It is working for a lot of other people it would seem. I have no crash reports, so whats up with this? Is it his phone or an MS problem. either way i do not think i can fix it. Downer.

4 stars - Lots of fun. Recommend the download
Yay something that makes me feel happier. All i want is something like try it and see. They don't have to tell me how creative i was with this original design for a card game or anything.

1 star - Aweful
Ok i am not sure again why this game can be so Awful. Maybe they mean't to give it 5 stars and say it was full of Awe (check spelling). Here is what the dictionary had to say about the word.
  1. extremely bad; unpleasant; ugly: awful paintings; an awful job.
  2. inspiring fear; dreadful; terrible: an awful noise.
  3. solemnly impressive; inspiring awe: the awful majesty of alpine peaks.
Ok, so i had a bit of a laugh on that last one (i like number 3!!). But i am saddened to see such vehemance against this game. I just do not think it is that bad. Heck go look at the video if ya want to see what it does. It does not have frame rate hiccups or particularly bad graphics.

Maybe the game just plain sucks... Then again, my Wife loves it.... So i guess it's ok, and writing this post also makes me feel better about the whole thing.

Still perplexed that people hate my game enough to even take the time to rate it.

Laters
Da Voodoochief

1 comment:

  1. From what I can tell after reading your blog you were so happy and involved with this project... and then this happens. It sucks (not the game, the situation).
    From the video it looks like a fun game to play!

    I'd love to try it and rate it, but as I said previously I don't own a w7 phone :(

    Hope this is one gets more and better reviews soon.

    ReplyDelete