Monday, December 6, 2010

After my HD crash

Well it seems the Hard Drive crash wasn't too bad after all. Yeah, it made windows crash real badly when trying to start up. But i have managed to claim all my files off it. I will reformat it and use it as a second drive.

So it is not all bad. Only i am not feeling well at the moment, so fixing up my stuff is very hard. Also, i cannot find where the heck my Office disks are hiding. I even left them in the fancy plastic box as well.

So now it is time for bed. I hope to wake up bright as a bunny rabbit on a cold and frosty morn.

G'night all.

2 comments:

  1. Ew... don't store anything worth having on there. Once a hard drive starts bleeding bits, it doesn't usually stop. Something about missing the proteins needed for coagulation I think :P.

    There's a program called SpinRite that can do a pretty thorough job of checking the disk for errors and marking bad sectors. Might be commercial though and takes a while to run.

    Just make sure you don't wait too long to get WoW reinstalled for Cata :D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not sure it is worth saving yet. The company has a Spinrite and so i will probably use that next up.

    Da Voodoochief

    ReplyDelete